Okay, so your significant other POPPED THE QUESTION!! You’ve found the perfect venue, and now it’s time to start booking your vendors. Flowers and catering are just as important, but booking a qualified DJ will make your special day a perfect event that your friends and family will remember for years and years! Below you will find out why you should book Triple T Entertainment.
As a career DJ, I know the pitfalls and triumphs you will face in determining the right DJ for your wedding day. Knowing this, We discovered the following list to help you on your way.
You want a professional that listens to you so your reception will come off with the tone you want to set and the quality and artistry you would find at the best dance party. Triple T Entertainment takes great pride in making your vision a reality.
Here are some things I have learned over the years to ease your decision
Back in the late 1970s, DJs began learning how to mix two different songs of the same speeds together by matching up their beats per minute (BPMs). DJs could now create seamless transitions between songs, preventing any dead air (silent space while the DJ transitions to the next song). This skill quickly became popular among all different types of DJs except for some reason, most wedding DJs did not pick up on this technique. You would be surprised how many DJs we run into who STILL don’t mix songs but just fade them in and out. You really need a skilled DJ with great mixing talent to build a high-energy dance set and keep the party moving! At Triple T Entertainment we do just that. There will be no dead air and your night will be a seamless mix, keeping you and your guest entertained and helping to make your vision a realty.
You need to make sure your DJ uses great equipment, and just as importantly, they know how to use it! I wish I had a nickel for every time I heard someone complain at my friends wedding the music so loud during dinner, I couldn’t hear anyone talk, or the microphone kept squealing through the speeches. The education and training on equipment, cables, microphone frequency, and everything else that goes into making a great DJ is virtually always lacking in your cousin who knows how to hook his iPod up to a speaker. With all the sophisticated equipment that goes into making great sound, sometimes things go wrong. A professional DJ with high-quality equipment and the knowledge to use it will quickly get everything back on track. Letting you and your friends keep dancing is far superior to an apology from an amateur with cheap equipment that he can’t operate! At Triple T Entertainment we use only the finest high end equipment and always carry back up’s. We also participate in seminars and classes yearly enabling us to constantly upgrade to be of better service to our clients.
Another important factor in the modern age is the source of the music your DJ uses. While there are still a few DJs who refuse to live in the 21st Century and continue to use their CD collections, here are my pros for using a computer:
– We can purchase and download any song at any time
– We can use multiple playback devices
– We have much faster song changing capability
– We can access various control surfaces for mixing
Working with the other vendors is the only way to make sure the night runs smoothly.
A good DJ will make sure:
– That the photographer isn’t in the bathroom or getting a drink when they are ready to announce the first dance.
– That your family is where they should be for the important hallmarks of your special day.
– That the timing is right so you don’t end up having a cold meal.
There are so many different events, nuances, and timing issues during a wedding, and there is no reason for you to have to worry or be concerned about ANY of them. Make sure you choose a DJ who is skilled in event production and coordination and you can relax into your special day knowing everything will go off as you have so carefully planned! Triple T Entertainment will do just that, take all the worry out so that you can enjoy your special day and watch your vision become a reality.
I tell all of my couples that a perfectly executed wedding is 99% planning. Modern Era Weddings uses online planning tools (via djintelligence.com) that allow us to accommodate all your special needs in a way that our entire staff will comprehend and understand. Online planning tools allow you to input all your pertinent information so we can customize your event and tailor it to YOUR musical tastes. We offer the options of playlists as well as do-not-play lists. Let me recommend that you always give your DJ a do-not-play list. It helps us understand the discernment in your choice of music. Again we want to make your vision a reality and taking the time to customize these forms will enable us to do just that.
Also, on our online planning site, is a section on how you would like your DJ to dress – you don’t want the DJ to look out of place from the rest of the guests. We also would like to know your other vendors by name so we might best coordinate for you. The two most important things we really need to have is the list of names of your bridal party spelled phonetically and the overall event timeline. Since many of our couples are not from our area, and as we travel to different parts of the country for events, online planning allows me to be on the same page with the couples in other areas throughout the entire process. This all goes back to making YOUR vision for your special day a reality and that’s just what we do at Triple T Entertainment
Okay, so your DJ gets hit by a bus the day before your wedding, and hey, he might be okay in a year or two, but let’s face it – you won’t postpone your wedding because he can’t be there! If you booked Triple T Entertainment, you don’t have to worry for a second. Even if I am in the hospital getting surgery, Rae the co owner will already be familiar with you, your iteneary and most importantly your vision, she will already have a copy of your online planning tools, be there when we promised, to make sure your wedding is still perfect. Unfortunately, most independent DJs don’t have a “Plan B” and if they get hit by that same bus, you are going to have a very quiet event! We believe it is of the utmost importance to have someone that cares about your vision as back up. With Rae and Matt of Triple T Entertainment you can put any worry to rest.
Is your DJ currently working in the market?
Listen… there are real DJs, and then there are “Yeah, I work for Bank of America, but DJ on weekends” guys. You want and deserve the best. You want someone who makes their living steeped in the music and nightlife scene. Just as you wouldn’t just tell the florist to pick your flowers or the caterer to choose your menu, you want to HEAR your DJ play live and see how you respond to his style and professionalism. Ask your DJ if there places around the city you can hear them play. At the very least, ask for RAW (unedited, because anyone can make themselves look good via editing) footage of them performing. Narrow down your choices to guys who have steady work in bars and clubs in your area. This means they are popular, in demand, and are constantly using and honing their skills. Not only are we “working Dj’s” We take great pride in staying up to date on all genres of music and we live what we do. Entertainment is what Triple T Entertainment is all about.
A few things that are not mentioned above,
- Reviews – every wedding DJ has reviews, and most of these reviews will be 5 stars. Remember when you were a kid playing sports and everyone got a trophy? Even the person that accidentally scored for the other team? Well, unfortunately DJ reviews are sort of like that. Most couples in the flush of memories of that special day may give 5 stars to a 2-Star DJ (she forgot he played the wrong song for the first dance! Or CHOSE to be kind and overlook it). It’s human nature. In the same sense some 5 star DJ’s may have a bad review left by a competing Dj company. Regrettably, this makes the review system (and therefore the precious awards from Wedding Wire, and The Knot) basically useless. There are some horrible DJ companies that get amazing reviews, dispute every negative review to get it offline, and continue to ruin weddings. Look at the lowest review for your DJ company, and see how the company addressed it. DO NOT RELY STRICTLY ON REVIEWS AND AWARDS TO HIRE YOUR DJ. THEY ARE SKEWED AND OFTEN DO NOT REFLECT THE COMPANY’S TRUE TALENT.
- Microphone ability and personality – Knowing how, when, and what to say on the microphone is extremely important to keep your wedding rolling. Watch out for DJs with poor grammar, strange accents, corny jokes, and other nonsense. A good DJ has a friendly and natural vocal quality, and most importantly, realizes the wedding is NOT about him. Sadly, I have seen these DJs ruin weddings by constantly blathering through the reception. A great DJ makes announcements when they are required, plays great music, and is there to make the party perfect. Again Triple T Entertainments goal is to make your special day vision a reality.
- Hidden Fees – Many DJ companies will include many hidden fees with their service. Make sure you get a bottom-line number for everything they will be providing. We never have or will have any hidden fees, The quote you receive from us is the final price and you will never have to worry about any hidden cost.
We take our jobs as professional entertainers and wedding DJ’s very important. We realize the great importance of making one of the most memorable days of your life as perfect as I can.
Our clientele is quite different. Our couples are modern, smart, self-assured people from all walks of life. They work with us to get precisely what they want to create the perfect day. We love the diversity of our clients. It drives us to learn and strive for greatness in what we do as entertainers.
In addition to Dj services we offer Photo Booth’s, ordained minister services, custom back drops and so much more. We also have a full time working photographer on staff.